Have you recently returned home from a family get-away, an overseas adventure, or a business trip? If so, pay close attention to signs of bed bugs in your home. These pesky creatures love to hitch a ride in suitcases and even the hemlines of pants, so they can find a new home in your bed. Keep reading to learn more about the 5 signs of bed bug infestation. Then, if you think you have a problem, call for a pest home inspection in Atlanta, GA, right away.
5 Signs of a Bed Bug Problem
• Soiled bedding: Have you notice small blood stains on your sheets? These are likely coming from tiny bed bug bites that you’ve scratched in your sleep.
• Dark color stains on mattress seams: These stains are most likely bed bug waste. You can test this theory by taking a wet rag and wiping the stain. Does it smear? If yes, call for a home inspection in Atlanta, GA.
• Line bites: Have you noticed small bites on your legs, arms, or torso that seem to be lined up straight and perfect? Bed bugs tend to move and bite in one direction.
• Bed bug clusters: Normally, these pests are hard to see. However, when they multiply they tend to form clusters. These are more likely to be visible to the naked eye.
• Bed bug shells: As the bed bugs move through their life cycle, they shed or molt. These little shells are empty exoskeletons that are found in carpet, mattresses, and even inside books.
Have you noticed any of these signs in your home? If yes, don’t wait. Call for a general home inspection in Atlanta, GA, right away. Fast action is the secret to stopping a bed bug infestation from getting out of control.
What Attracts Bed Bugs?
Many people associate bed bugs with dirty places. However, bed bugs exist in all parts of the world, in all kinds of conditions. They mainly like warm, cozy places that allow them to hide and multiply. They thrive in close quarters that hotels and hostels provide. This reason is why most homes discover they have a bed bug problem after they come home from a trip.
If you think you have bed bugs, don’t be ashamed to get help. Home inspection companies in Atlanta, GA, don’t judge. They only want to help you live comfortably and pest-free in your home.
How Much Does a Home Inspection Cost in Atlanta, GA?
Pest inspection services vary depending on the severity of the infestation and the treatment method. That’s why it’s important to have an inspector out to your home to give you an estimate. However, many inspection companies offer first-time customer specials and other ways to save on this essential service.
Don’t let cost or embarrassment stop you from getting the help you need. At the first sign of an infestation, contact a local company for home inspection in Atlanta, GA. Give us a call (770) 483-2808.