With summer being right around the corner, you’re probably planning how you will enjoy the season. Keep in mind that as it gets further into the season, pests are adamant about trying to get inside of your home. A general home inspection in Atlanta, GA, can reveal if you have any of these pests and will give you helpful tips on preventative measures.
Ants are known to deliver painful bites and certain types of ants can cause damage to your home. There are 22,000 species of ants that have been identified. While ants are of different colors, the most common colors are black and red. Ants will attack through biting or stinging, and they will usually inject certain types of chemicals.
- Make sure that cracks on the exterior of your home are sealed up.
- Trim shrubs and trees away from your home.
- Keep your kitchen clean.
Bees and Other Stinging Insects
Bees are known for their painful bee stings. There are different types of bees such as bumblebees, honey bees, and stingless bees. Their primary food source is pollen and nectar for protein and other nutrients. The bee stings are mostly correlated with the Dufour’s gland and the poison gland.
- Avoid perfumes that have a sweet smell.
- Remove any patches of dirt on the lawn.
- Wear shoes at all times when you’re outdoors.
- If you’ve been stung and are suffering from an allergic reaction, seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep trash cans covered tightly.
Cockroaches are the oldest insects and can be found worldwide. There are over 4,000 cockroach species and 30 out of them are correlated with human environments. Their bodies can adapt to nearly any type of weather including extreme heat and freezing cold. They primarily like to feed on fruit, book bindings, glue, and bread. Cockroaches are also known to carry pathogenic microbes on the surface of their bodies and are linked to allergic reaction for humans. Sometimes, cockroaches may be present in the home but are not necessarily visible. Cockroaches can burrow inside of ears which can lead to hearing loss and pain.
- Quickly clean up spills and prevent dirty dishes from piling up in the sink.
- Store food in containers that are tightly sealed.
- Clean the home on a regular basis to remove crumbs.
- Ensure that your cabinets are dry. You may need to use a dehumidifier to decrease the extra moisture around the home.
A home inspection in Atlanta, GA, is usually done when buying or selling a home or to simply check if you have pests. With a pest inspection, a complete inspection is conducted in your home for any signs of termite activity or dry rot damage. The home inspection cost in Atlanta, GA, is dependent upon the size of the home. The home inspection prices in Atlanta, GA are typically between $95 to $175. Home inspectors in Atlanta, GA, usually inspect the exterior and interior of the home.